Fly birds and shoot hoops.
Birdsketball is a local multiplayer sports game for 1 - 4 players.
Easy to pick up, hard to master
The controls are simple. But to fly around effectively takes skill and practice to master. Here are some tips for improving your game:
- Take your finger off the flap button sometimes: You will rotate faster when idle, and it's often it's faster to drop down with gravity than to fly a full circle.
- Tackle your opponents by boosting into them.
- Boost into a wall and you will rebound in the opposite direction. Faster than turning around and it makes you look cool.
- Long distance shots on goal are impressive, but sometimes just flying the ball directly in is all you need to do. Just make sure you're back in time for the next ball spawn.
- Some players prefer to use the right trigger for flapping (not me!). If you hold it just right, you can almost hover on the spot.
You can make your own levels:
There are currently 9 courts. These are simple .png files, and you can draw your own in MsPaint or Photoshop. The game will find them and load them as long as you keep the colours and dimensions are the same. If you look in the assets folder I've included some information to get you started.
New in update 0.96: Career mode!
Created as a single player mode, but can be played friends.
New in update 0.93:
- Keyboard support: X,Z and ARROW keys
- Experimental bots
- 6th court, featuring pong paddles that move to follow the ball.
The bots aren't great yet, but I have fun playing against them on some of the simpler levels. And I think it at least gives a way to practice flying around / test out the mechanics.
They really struggle with the pong level:
More to come.
Birdsketball is in active development. Any feedback, suggestions and feature requests are welcome.